The future of all of our society, our way of life, and ultimately our planet is in the attitudes, perspectives, and abilities that we as adults bestow upon each of the children in our lives - especially in today's incredibly fast-paced world. A child's path toward growing up is filled with vast challenges and vast opportunities. These challenges include:
- Becoming confident
- Becoming capable
- Building a healthy sense of self-esteem, community
- Having the willingness and ability to help and teach others
- Learning the discipline and appreciation of the value of same
- The ability to focus and willingness to sacrifice in the short term to work towards worthy goals
Kid's Aikido offers a powerful tool to teach this to children. Giving children a real experience of Aikido at a young age may give them profound gifts for the future and all the people they will touch - in ways we'll never know. Most importantly, the future of Aikido does, in many ways, rest within our children. The manner and effectiveness with which we can pass along real, effective, and fun, Aikido to children will have a significant effect on the way Aikido grows and is practiced in the future.
Aikido with Ki is a refined, graceful and effective martial art. It stresses the use of coordination of mind and body and the centering of one's self. In learning Aikido, there is no competition or sparring as you will find in other martial arts. The students work together to improve as a whet stone does with the knife, teaching kindly and with patience. Aikido helps build:
- The willingness and ability to help and teach others
- Discipline and appreciation of the value of same
- The ability to focus and the willingness to sacrifice in the short term to work towards worthy goals
Most of our students find that Aikido has helped them in many areas of their lives, including stress reduction, self control, self confidence, discipline, weight loss, and general well-being. Everyone can benefit from the confidence of knowing they are ready for any eventuality. This is particularly true for women.